I am Zachary Pratt and this is where I will share all my hiking adventures with friends as I conquer everything in my way.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Tribute

A little back ground on me and you'll find that I suffered some life changing events during middle school, I won't go much into detail but just know that it wasn't the lovable saunter you see today. In 2011, I had just recently gotten out of a relationship and was experience another depressions swing. Next to out of no where, my now right hand hiking partner, Noah Hebert, asked to spend the day with me and we decided to go for a hike. That hike happened to be Mount Si, a local favorite. After a long slog up the hill (which is what I now deem it), we reached what is considered the summit. This in reality is not the summit due to there being an extra 250 foot climb to the true summit. Many people stop here BUT being the young ambitious people we are, we decided to climb the "Haystack". We got about 75-100 feet up and it began to RAIN and I don't mean rain, I mean the gully we were climbing turned into a waterfall... and we're half way up.. With no ropes or guards to falling. We began the rapid/careful decent down and arrived back at the summit plane soaked to the bone but were laughing at our silly mistake. As we toured back down the hill side, I couldn't help but feel that I was happy for once. I felt that I could do something and beat it, despite to this day, still not having actually "summited" it and having a strong disposition to busy hikes, Mount Si started it all for me. After Si, It was a common thing to push the elevation higher and high and go further and further into the wild.





 So whats this all mean? Well that is my beginning. With out Si or Noah,who knows where I'd be in life?

Hiking is my escape, It allows me to be free. As the old Times Magazine motto goes,


"To see the World, things dangerous to come to. To see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life"



I live by this every day and believe in it truly


I would have likely gone down an much different path in life. I would have never become more active, I would have like stayed in a depressed state for longer and who knows frankly?

I thank everyone who's helped me along this amazing journey and just wanted to give thanks to the support given to me.

1 comment: